The UdeM Exemption Scholarship at the Université de Montréal is a program that provides financial support to eligible students, including international students.
Description: The UdeM exemption scholarship program is designed to support international candidates in their university studies. Starting in the fall of 2020, they could benefit from an exemption from the tuition fees normally charged to international students. The granting of scholarships continues for the winter 2023, summer 2023, fall 2023 and winter 2024 sessions.
The goal of this new program is to help the best talent from around the world attend one of the finest francophone research universities in the world. In turn, these international students will help fulfil our educational mission by enriching the cultural diversity of the Université de Montréal community.
This scholarship program for exemption from additional tuition fees is intended for international students International students (except French and French-speaking Belgian students). To be eligible, the candidate must:
- have received an offer of admission to a study program at UdeM as of Fall 2020
- have valid study authorizations (CAQ and study permit) for all sessions of their study program. For more information, please see the web page on administrative and immigration procedures
- be continuously enrolled full time (unless absence is approved) for their entire study program
- not benefit from another form of tuition fee exemption
- not enrolled in an independent study program
If one of the above conditions is not met, the UdeM exemption scholarship may be withdrawn.
How to apply: apply online