Despite Manchester United‘s poor season, Ronaldo stood out and was the only Red Devils player named to the PFA XI, according to BBC Sport.
Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Rudiger, Cancelo, Bernardo Silva, Thiago, De Bruyne, Salah, Mane, and Ronaldo made up the entire squad.
Ronaldo scored 18 Premier League goals in 30 Premier League games, trailing only the leaders by five goals per 137 minutes.
Ronaldo may not have won a trophy in his first year back at Manchester United, but he is not lacking in individual accolades.
This is Ronaldo’s 13th award since joining Manchester United at the start of last season.
These include five club player of the month awards, two Premier League awards, and the top goalscorer award at Manchester United.
- PFA Premier League Team of the Year
- Manchester United Fans Player of the Year
- Manchester United Goal of the Season
- Premier League Player of the Month (April)
- Premier League Player of the Month (September)
- Manchester United Player of the Month (May)
- Manchester United Player of the Month (April)
- Manchester United Player of the Month (March)
- Manchester United Player of the Month (October)
- Manchester United Player of the Month (September)
- Manchester United’s top goalscorer
- FIFA The Best Award
- FIFPro World XI 2021
Ronaldo scored 24 goals for United in all competitions, including six in seven Champions League games.
He may not be producing at the same levels he once did, such as when he was at Real Madrid and consistently scored more than 50 goals per season, exceeding 60 twice, but he is still performing at a high level.
Ronaldo’s individual achievements are all the more impressive given that he is 37 years old.
In the last year, he has also set and extended the international goals record, with 117 goals for his country, for which he received a special award at FIFA’s The Best awards.
He was also named to the FIFPro World XI for 2021, joining a star-studded lineup.
It’s always been a pleasure to watch Ronaldo play, and he still has enough in the tank to be an effective player under Erik ten Hag next season.
If United becomes a more competitive and cohesive team, Ronaldo could surpass his goal total from this season.