Cristiano Ronaldo shares a message on social media ahead of Manchester United’s return.
The 37-year-old was dropped from Erik ten Hag’s first-team squad after refusing to come on as a substitute in last week’s Premier League win over Tottenham Hotspur.
Ronaldo was forced to train with the club’s Under-21s and missed last weekend’s 1-1 draw with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
The five-time Ballon d’Or winner has since returned to first-team training and is in contention to feature in United’s Group E contest against Sheriff at Old Trafford.
Ahead of the match, Ronaldo has taken to social media, posting an image of himself in training at Carrington with a caption pledging to give his all for the team.
Ronaldo’s message on Instagram read: “Back on track, with the same commitment and dedication as always!”
United’s No.7 has struggled to break into Ten Hag’s starting lineup so far this season, beginning only six of his 12 appearances across all competitions and scoring just twice.
However, Ten Hag confirmed at his pre-match press conference that the Portuguese forward will be in the squad for Thursday’s Europa League fixture.
“Yes, Cristiano will be in the squad tomorrow,” Ten Hag told reporters. “It’s not difficult. But I think we said everything and we answered all the questions, he was out for one game and is back in the squad as usual.
“You don’t have to [ask more questions] because we will not answer anymore, so all the questions, I think, are everything we explained and we have to focus on the game tomorrow. We have an important game because we want to be number one in the group.
“I don’t have to do it anymore, It’s done, he’s back, focus on the game, that’s important that Cristiano is involved in the squad tomorrow.
“At this moment, also last week, we focus on the games. In the background, we always continue a process, working on the squad, so we want to have top sport culture and you see and examine how you can improve and that’s what we will do.”
Ronaldo, who is out of contract next summer, is believed to be unhappy at Old Trafford and is looking to leave the club in the New Year.
However, a proposed move to former club Sporting Lisbon has been ruled out by the club’s head coach Ruben Amorim, who claims that they cannot afford to pay the forward’s wages.
Napoli has also been credited with an interest in Ronaldo, who is allegedly open to returning to Serie A, but director Cristiano Giuntoli insists that the club will not be active in the January transfer window.