Situated on the Qatari Peninsula, the State of Qatar is a Middle Eastern country. It ranks among the world’s top exporters of oil and natural gas. The foundation of the nation’s economy is the money received from the export of hydrocarbons. The government invites foreigners to work in the economy because of the high level of life in the nation. Typically, these people are citizens of nearby nations, however Qatar employs a large number of international workers from somewhat distant nations.
The economy’s structure
Seventy-five percent of the nation’s GDP comes from the production and processing of hydrocarbons. The service sector makes up the remaining 25%, with agriculture making up just 0.1%. Mining and processing comprise the two main divisions of the sector. The following sectors are represented in the industry in Qatar:
- producing oil
- refining oil
The nation is home to a large number of multinational companies that manufacture industrial production equipment. In addition, both locals and foreign workers from various nations are employed in this sector. However, assigned staff members of the businesses whose brand the equipment was manufactured typically handle equipment maintenance and repairs. Ordinary employees have relatively modest pay despite large cash flows; nonetheless, this varies depending on the particular firm.
The country’s demands are just 10% met by agriculture. Imported goods make up the remaining agricultural items. The only areas where the agriculture sector is developed are oasis. Here are cultivated dates, vegetables, and other horticulture crops. Local nomadic tribes practise animal husbandry, which is a little developed. Nearly no foreign nationals are employed in the region’s agriculture.
Tourism is a representative of the service industry. A Tourism Authority has been established in the nation. Foreign language-speaking guides are in great demand. There are always jobs available in the tourism sector for foreigners.
How to find employment in Qatar
A work visa is required in order to work legally in Qatar. A foreign national who does not have it is not permitted to work in the nation and may face deportation and fines. The majority of the time, a worker who wishes to enter the nation through an intermediary or the company themselves issues the work visa. In the first scenario, the employer gives the worker a ready-made work visa, but the worker still needs to locate employment. It is a long path with many obstacles, though.
Hiring a lawyer with experience is the best approach to secure a work visa for Qatar. They will assist in gathering a bundle of paperwork required to enter the nation legally and begin formal employment. This list may vary in various situations, but generally speaking, it looks like this:
- Foreign passport, which must remain valid after crossing the border for at least an additional six months. It must also be given if you have a previous example passport.
- filled-out application. It is available for download on the Qatari Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ official website. In the event that a foreign national seeks employment through a middleman, staff members of the organisation will furnish it.
- Four images of the reference group. These can be completed when applying for a visa or upon crossing the border.
- original, fully filled documentation pertaining to employment in Qatar. They also require a photocopy that has been notarized.
- a formal letter from the employer alerting the immigration and border patrol of the hiring of a foreign national.
- Describe the role you are expected to fill in brief and provide information about the remuneration associated with it.
- Verification of the stability of finances. You must first create an extract from the bank where the account was opened in order to accomplish this. When crossing the border, the minimal amount should be $1500 USD.Immigration officials in Qatar are able to thoroughly investigate a foreign person’s intentions when they cross the border. As a result, document preparation needs to be done with complete responsibility.